1. “Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.” – Anne Frank
Don’t forget to show gratitude towards the ones you love. This time of year seems to be a good reminder of that.
2. We are going on a mini road trip this weekend for a family wedding. This will be Eliza’s second time attending a wedding during her eight months of life (outside of my belly). Also, Eliza is not fond of being in the car for long periods of time…any suggestions on keeping an eight-month-old happy in the car for an extended amount of time? We always try to plan longer car rides around her nap times so that she sleeps as much as possible in the car.
3. This is hilarious. I hope you think so too.
4. Trey and I recently finished watching seasons 1 and 2 of Haters Back Off! on Netflix, and I am so torn on my opinion of it. I think it is very funny, but it also makes me feel so tense from the awkwardness that sometimes I end up having a tension headache at the end of an episode.
5. Only forty-five days until Christmas. However, I’m sure no one is counting.
6. I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe on Pinterest, and it made the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had. You know I can’t follow a recipe verbatim, so if you’re wondering, I substituted coconut oil for butter and I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour. I also used confectioners sugar in place of granulated sugar (which is probably why they were so awesome).
7. Does anyone else think that as a people, it seems as if we are becoming numb to tragedy? I don’t want to raise my daughter in a world where mass shootings are considered the norm and we don’t even blink an eye. Jesus, help.
8. If you missed it, don’t forget to check out my last post, the one where the secret is out.
10. Do you have any fun Christmas traditions to do with kids (or a baby) that aren’t centered around gifts/presents? Looking for something more so in the category of activities. Comment your suggestions below.
Make sure you’re following along via email below so you’ll be the first to know about any new posts. Thanks!